Homecook Prawn and Sausage Penne with Tomato-Mushroom sauce

"Inspired" by GF, who was going home to make dinner, I went along to get some groceries to make dinner too. Doing a wee bit duty as a wife (Psst. I'm quite a lazy wife and cooking for two is a chore, especially with so much leftover ingredients unused.)

Simple dinner: Prawn and Sausage Penne with Tomato-Mushroom sauce.


Serves 2
Total Time 30 minutes

Ingredients
  • 2 sausages
  • 1 small canned mushroom
  • 8 pieces of prawns
  • 1 canned tomato 
  • 300g Penne pasta (It's a little more than for 2 pax as hubby was hungry)
  • 1 egg (Thinking back, it was very redundant)
  • Some oil
  • Some salt
Preparation
  • Slice the sausages into small slices
  • Dice the mushroom into smaller pieces
  • Deshell the prawns and toss for a little while in salt


Method
  • Pan fry the sausage slices in oil till the edges turn a little brownish
  • Pan fry the prawns in oil
  • Boil the penne pasta in water for 11 minutes. Stirring it frequently
  • Heat up the tomato sauce and add in the diced mushroom. 
  • Then plate up and dinner is ready


I had the intention to make the tomato sauce from scratch, but GF told me to just get the can. Which I'm glad I did. It is quite a hassle to do it from scratch. Haha..

At the end of the meal, Hubby says it's pretty tasty, though I feel that I should take out the penne a little earlier. I had tasted the pasta and felt it would be better if it cooked for another minute or two, but I should had just kept to 11 minutes. Oh and the egg is pretty redundant.

Successful attempt! Woohoo.. Kind of boosted my confidence, so maybe another meal soon? We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment