Steamed Corn Cake Cups (version 2)

After my first attempt of making Steamed Corn Cake Cups, I had decided to try again, this time with another recipe from http://www.misstamchiak.com/recipe-sweet-corn-cake/. The Corn Cups looks really good in her recipe. I had hoped mine is just as good.


Review
This second version of Steamed Corn Cake Cups definitely taste better. Hmm.. I should try the creamy corn as used in the recipe. I had leftover corn kernels, so I just use it. And the recipe requires 2 eggs, but I realised I only left one in the fridge. OMG. Maybe that's why the Steamed Corn Cake Cups looks so... rough? Oops..


Recipe
(From http://www.misstamchiak.com/recipe-sweet-corn-cake/)


Prep time
15 mins
Cook time
30 mins
Total time
45 mins
Serves
Makes 6 steam cakes

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 70g sugar
  • 100g corn
  • 125g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 40g melted butter
Method:
  1. Whip eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. 
  2. Add in creamy corn, mix until well-blended.
  3. Fold in plain flour and baking powder, mix until well blended. 
  4. Add in butter, mix until well-incorporated.
  5. Pour the mixture into greased and floured cupcake mould.
  6. Steam for 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment